In Feature Articles, Multipolarity

Report by Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA), Thursday, June 29, 2017

DAMASCUS – The misleading campaign launched by the United States over the past few days alleging that Syria intends to launch a chemical attack on citizens is unsubstantiated and unsupported by any facts or justifications, an official source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates stressed on Thursday.

In a statement to SANA, the source said that Syria affirms that the objective of these allegations is “to justify a new act of aggression against Syria under false pretenses, similar to the U.S. aggression on a-Shayrat airport [on April 7, 2017].” These claims, the source added, also aim at covering up the attacks launched by the illegal international coalition led by the U.S., which has caused the death of thousands of innocent Syrian civilians.

The source went on saying that these threats happen to follow the great achievements made recently by the Syrian Arab Army and its allies all over Syrian territory against the terrorist groups supported by the U.S. and its tools in the region and beyond, noting that these threats aim at raising the morale of the terrorist organizations and prolonging the crisis in Syria.

“Syria reiterates that it has irretrievably removed the chemical program, as confirmed by the relevant international organizations, and that it doesn’t possess any chemical weapons. It strongly condemns the use of chemical weapons in any place and for any reason and under any pretext,” the source affirmed, adding that Syria “has not resorted to the use of any toxic chemicals since the beginning of the crisis at all, and it stresses that it fully cooperated with the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) during the period following its accession to the Chemical Weapons Convention.”

The Foreign Ministry’s source said these new threats are unjustified since Donald Trump’s administration has failed to prove that Syria used chemical weapons in Khan Sheikoun [on April 4, as alleged] , noting that this U.S. administration and its allies have refused to conduct an objective, transparent and honest investigation in what happened in Khan Sheikhoun and al-Shayrat airport, despite the fact that Syria, Russia and Iran and other countries have called for a direct investigation in the incidents.

The source went on saying that even the fact-finding team of the OPCW which came to Damascus last week was prevented by the “armed groups” from accessing Khan Sheikoun, while the U.S. and Western countries refused to send a team of fact-finding mission to al-Shayrat airport.

The source concluded its statement by saying that the Syrian Arab Republic condemns and rejects the U.S. threats categorically and asserts that any U.S. aggression against its army and people would be “in the service of the armed terrorist organizations.”

Any such aggression, the source said, would be in contradiction of the principles and goals of the United Nations Charter and the UN Security Council resolutions related to the fight against terrorism, particularly UN Security Council Resolution no. 2253 [Dec 2015, adding that Syria calls on the international community once again to condemn the U.S. attack on Shayrat airport, the killing of innocent Syrian civilians and the recent U.S. threats of committing a new aggression, whose sole aim would be that of obstructing the successes of the Syrian Arab army and its allies against terrorism.

Related:
‘Syria’s position firm and principled in rejecting the use of chemical weapons or any kind of WMD’, SANA, June 29, 2017

NEW YORK – Syria’s position is principled and firm in rejecting and condemning the use of chemical weapons or any kind of weapons of mass destruction, The Acting Charge d’Affaires of Syria’s Permanent Mission to the United Nations, Louai Fallouh has said…

Is Trump making up Syria-Sarin claims?, interview with MIT professor Theodore Postol by Dennis J Bernstein, host of ‘Flashpoints Radio‘, June 28, 2017, transcript published on Consortium News, June 30, 2017

U.S.-led coalition commits new massacre in Deir Ezzor, leaving 8 civilians dead, SANA, June 29, 2017

DEIR EZZOR, eastern Syria – Eight civilians were killed and others were injured in a new massacre committed by the aircrafts of the U.S.-led international coalition on al-Sour town in northern Deir Ezzor province…

Hundreds of civilians killed in past week of fighting in Old Mosul, Rudaw news agency, June 29, 2017

U.S.-led coalition kills nearly 500 civilians in one month in Syria in record high, The Telegraph (UK), June 22, 2017

U.S. threats and actions in Syria are those of a rogue state, commentary by John Wight, published on RT’s ‘Op Edge’ feature, June 30, 2017

*****

EDITOR’S NOTE: We remind our readers that publication of articles on our site does not mean that we agree with what is written. Our policy is to publish anything which we consider of interest, so as to assist our readers in forming their opinions. Sometimes we even publish articles with which we totally disagree, since we believe it is important for our readers to be informed on as wide a spectrum of views as possible.

Recent Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search

Translate »