In Crimea, Russia

TASS, Nov 10, 2016

The Federal Security Service reports that alleged members of a sabotage group of the Ukrainian defense ministry have been detained in Sevastopol, suspected of plotting acts of sabotage in the city

Officers of Russia's Federal Security Service at Sevastopol court (Alexei Pavlishak, TASS)

Officers of Russia’s Federal Security Service at Sevastopol court (Alexei Pavlishak, TASS)

MOSCOW – Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) has aired a video showing a group of alleged Ukrainian saboteurs detained in Crimea’s Sevastopol on Wednesday. The video shows  weapons as well as explosives seized from them.

Earlier in the day, the FSB public relations center told TASS that a group of alleged saboteurs from the Ukrainian Defense Ministry’s chief intelligence directorate had been detained in Sevastopol. The group is suspected of plotting acts of sabotage at Crimea’s military facilities, it said.

The FSB said it had seized powerful explosive devices, weapons and rounds of ammunition, means of special communications and also maps of facilities to be targeted by the acts of sabotage.

As the footage goes, one of the suspects was detained in the street by FSB officers. After that he was taken handcuffed to the apartment where he lived, where weapons were found as well as blank pieces of paper with stamps of military unit A0235 of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry and a souvenir plate produced to mark the 20th anniversary of the same military unit.

According to open sources, military unit A0235 of Ukraine’s Navy had been stationed in Sevastopol before Crimea and Sevastopol reunited with Russia.

Insignias of Ukrainian military units, swabs, a visiting card of the Right Sector (Ukraine’ extremist organization outlawed in Russia) as well as camouflage uniforms were also found in the apartment. The video showed FSB officers withdrawing supposed explosives from a cache in the ground.

Three people were detained all in all and taken into custody. A source from Crimean law enforcement agencies identified them as Dmitry Shtyblikov, Alexei Bessarabov and Vladimir Dudko.

On August 10, Russia’s FSB announced the detention of a group of saboteurs and the deterrence of planned terrorist attacks on the Crimean Peninsula that had been plotted by Ukraine’s main intelligence directorate. The aborted terror attempts were designed to target Crimea’s critical infrastructure and vital facilities, the FSB said.

Those detained men – Andrei Zakhtey and Yevgeny Panov – admitted their guilt and were arrested. In early October, the Kievsky district court in Simferopol extended their custody until December 10.


Ukrainian Defense Ministry denies its employees were detained in Crimea

TASS, Nov 10, 2016

KYIV – Ukraine’s Defense Ministry has denied that any of its employees had been detained by Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) in Crimea.

“The main intelligence directorate of Ukraine’s Defense Ministry refutes the statement of Russia’s FSB on the alleged detention of the staff members in Sevastopol,” the ministry said on its official website.

Russia’s FSB said earlier in the day it had detained suspected members of Ukrainian Defense Ministry’s sabotage group in Sevastopol on Wednesday who allegedly plotted acts of sabotage at Crimea’s military facilities. The service claimed that powerful explosive devices, weapons and rounds of ammunition, means of special communications and also maps of facilities had been seized from the detained persons.


Head of Donetsk People’s Republic accuses Ukrainian security service official of involvement in military commander’s murder

From TASS, Nov 10, 2016

DONETSK – The head of the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU) in the Donetsk region, Vitaly Marikov, is involved in the murder of a Arsen Pavlov, commander of the self-defense forces of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), Alexander Zakharchenko told reporters on Thursday.

“I am ready to name those involved in [Pavlov’s] murder,” the Donetsk News Agency reportts Zakharchenko as saying.”According to our information, Vitaly Marikov took part in the planning of his murder. As the SBU head in the Donetsk region, he supervises the activities of the subversive groups in Donbass.”

Arsen Pavlov, whose nom de guerre was Motorola, was killed on October 16 in Donetsk in his apartment building. The perpetrators had planted a powerful explosive device in the elevator and detonated it when Pavlov was going up to his apartment. An investigation group of the DPR Interior Ministry and the Ministry of State Security Ministry classified this blast as terror attack.


Ukrainian army shells DPR territory 900 times over past 24 hours

Donetsk News Agency (DAN News), Thursday, Nov 10, 2016

DONETSK – Ukrainian forces have violated the ceasefire 891 times in the past 24 hours as they shelled Donetsk People’s Republic territory, the operations command deputy chief of the Donetsk People’s Republic, Eduard Basurin, told a news briefing at Donetsk News Agency on Thursday.

“The situation in the Donetsk People’s Republic keeps deteriorating. Ukrainian forces have violated the ceasefire 891 times since Wednesday,” Basurin said.

The enemy fired at DPR frontline areas 148 152mm and 122mm artillery rounds and 278 120mm and 82mm mortar rounds. Ukrainian forces also used grenade launchers, IFV cannon and small arms.

Kyiv forces targeted Zaitsevo township, Nizhnetroitskoye, Ozeryanovka and Zheleznaya Balka villages outside Gorlovka, Yasinovataya, Spartak, Vasilyevka, Zhabichevo and Vesyoloye villages, Dokuchayevsk, western outskirts of Donetsk and Kominternovo, Sakhanka, Leninskoye and Oktyabr villages in DPR south.


DPR head doesn’t expect headway at Minsk talks until Trump inauguration

From DAN News, Nov 10, 2016

DONETSK – Ukraine is delaying the Minsk-2 peace process, awaiting the inauguration of Donald Trump as U.S. president and new directives from Washington, DPR head Aleksandr Zakharchenko told reporters on Thursday. “The Minsk meeting on Wednesday [Nov 9] was a failure,” Zakharchenko said. “Trump’s victory upset all Ukrainian policymakers’ plans. They received no further orders, so they decided to freeze the talks.”

“I don’t expect any progress in Minsk before Trump’s inauguration,” he added.

The U.S. is evaluating the results of the November 8 presidential election won by Republican candidate billionaire Donald Trump. The U.S. Congress is to endorse the voting results on January 6, 2017 and the president-elect is to take office on January 20, 2017.

*****

EDITOR’S NOTE: We remind our readers that publication of articles on our site does not mean that we agree with what is written. Our policy is to publish anything which we consider of interest, so as to assist our readers in forming their opinions. Sometimes we even publish articles with which we totally disagree, since we believe it is important for our readers to be informed on as wide a spectrum of views as possible.

Recent Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search

Translate »