A range of high-profile speakers were at the launch meeting of the No Cold War Britain campaign. This event comes as Britain sends its largest ever warship to the South China Sea in a deliberately aggressive and provocative move.
Published on No Cold War, June 16, 2021
Further reading: Global Britain returns to rule the waves – Jenny Clegg
- Lowkey, musician and activist
- Martin Jacques, author of ‘When China Rules the World’
- Jodie Evans, CODEPINK
- Kate Hudson, General Secretary of CND
- Vijay Prashad, Director of the Tricontinental Institute
- Li Jingjing , Chinese journalist
- Andrew Murray, Stop the War Coalition
- Anna Chen, writer, poet and broadcaster
- Ben Chacko, Editor of the Morning Star
- Fiona Edwards, No Cold War
The speakers addressed a number of themes and questions including:
- The role of Britain as a junior partner in the US’ cold war against China
- How the cold war presents a threat to building world peace
- The rise of anti-Asian racism that has accompanied the cold war
- Why the British government’s increasing belligerence towards China will cause economic harm – losing lots of jobs, trade and investment
- How we build a broad movement to stand up to the cold war
Follow @NCWBritain for updates about this exciting event and other initiatives.
This event is hosted by No Cold War Britain and Tricontinental Institute.
You can visit the NoColdWar.org website and follow @NCWBritain @NoColdWar on social media for more information.