The following is the text of a printed information sheet distributed to residents of Calgary, Alberta during a ‘Remember Odessa’ commemoration event in the downtown of the city on May 2, 2015.
In what can only be described as a massacre, 48 anti-government activists were killed and more than 300 injured May 2nd, 2014 after fascist-led forces set Odessa’s Trade Unions House on fire. The building had been sheltering opponents of the U.S. and European-backed regime in Ukraine.
According to eyewitnesses, those who jumped from the burning building and survived were surrounded and beaten by thugs from the neo-Nazi “Right Sector” organization*. The atrocity underscores both the brutal character of the ultra-right government which was installed in Kiev undemocratically by the Western powers, and their encouragement of a bloody crackdown to suppress popular opposition to this newly installed government, centered in the mainly Russian-speaking South and East regions of Ukraine.
Despite Western media attempts to cover up what happened in Odessa, with multiple reports stating that “the exact sequence of events is still unclear”, there is no doubt that the killings in the southern port city were instigated by thugs wearing the insignia of the “Right Sector”, which wields considerable influence over the Kiev regime, is supported by the Canadian government, and is even recognized as an approved charitable organization by the Canada Revenue Agency.
The Trade Unions House was set on fire by pro-Kiev elements after they surrounded and set fire to a tent camp of anti-government activists. The building itself was torched after some of the anti-government protesters barricaded themselves in.
As the building was engulfed in flames, photos posted on Twitter showed people hanging out of windows and sitting on windowsills of several floors, possibly preparing to jump. Other images showed pro-regime elements celebrating the inferno. Some jeered on Twitter that “Colorado beetles are being roasted up in Odessa,” using a derogatory term for pro-Russian activists wearing the orange and black St. George’s war memorial ribbon.
* If, based on local media information, you think the “Right Sector” is not a neo-Nazi organization, just look at these photos. We just don’t have enough space here to place all the evidence available. [Photo display]
Facts you should know:
- 400 million taxpayer dollars were spent on “non-lethal aid” for the Ukrainian army.
- The only head of state to set foot on Ukrainian soil after the illegal change of regime was Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
- The only two countries, other than Ukraine, where the neo-Nazi “Right Sector” organization has official representation are USA and Canada.
- The only three countries that voted [at the United Nations on NOv. 21, 2014] against including Neo-Fascism and Nazism as a threat to world peace are USA, Ukraine and Canada. [Story here]
- The only two countries that sent their armed forces to assist this Neo-Nazi regime in Ukraine are USA and Canada.
For additional information:
The Odessa Massacre – What REALLY Happened (video) https://youtu.be/H4dJRnI-X8Q
Newcoldwar.org website (Canada) https://newcoldwar.org/
EDITOR’S NOTE: We remind our readers that publication of articles on our site does not mean that we agree with what is written. Our policy is to publish anything which we consider of interest, so as to assist our readers in forming their opinions. Sometimes we even publish articles with which we totally disagree, since we believe it is important for our readers to be informed on as wide a spectrum of views as possible.